Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quick Update

Just a quick update on things today.  A couple weeks ago I ran the Melissa's Half Marathon in Banff, it was a beautiful day in one of the most incredible places to race in the world.  This one was a pretty relaxed run for me and I just ran with my fiancee Shirley and helped her to set a PB.  A few other friends raced this one and it was great to be out there with everyone on such a great morning.  Also a pleasant surprise was some of my awesome friends from the Lululemon on 4th Street manning one of the aid stations!

I also started structured training again this week after a month off following Ironman where I just did some fun rides, and relaxed runs.  Now I'm back at it, swimming with the Talisman Centre Masters Swim Club, doing runs and track work, and getting whatever rides I can in before the snow falls.  For the next month or so I'll be focusing on the run, as I'm going to be racing the Last Chance Half Marathon November 13th and shooting for a personal best, somewhere in the 1:35 range.

I'll be off to Mexico next week for a nice relaxing vacation as well, hence more running rather than riding, and hopefully more surfing rather than swimming.

Lastly, I'm meeting with a couple of the awesome gals from Lululemon in the next couple days to talk about putting together an intro to triathlon workshop/event sometime in November.  If anyone is interested in attending, shoot me a note and let me know what you'd like to know more about.  More details on that to come.

Cheers!

Raf

No comments:

Post a Comment